Recent Advice

 I recently gave some advice to a friend and Mom thought I should post it on here for the encouragement of my fellow pilgrims. :) Here it is. ~soli deo gloria~

The purpose of someone's life, whether Christian or not, is to glorify God, it is only by realizing this purpose and developing a relationship with Christ Himself where He is the *very center and citadel* of our life, that we can then fulfill this purpose of glorifying God. Glorifying God is all that matters in this life, all else is, as John Piper puts it, "rubbish" in comparison.
     Ask yourself this question, "What is the one passion of my life that makes everything else look like rubbish in comparison?" Or in other words, "Where does my source of joy, happiness and fulfillment come from?" Is it friends and relationships? Or is it spending time with your creator who loves you more than any human being on earth ever could and who is always faithful and will never leave you?  As Phillipians 3:7-8 says it, "But whatever was to my profit I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ" It is glorifying God that matters and nothing else. And when I say 'nothing else matters' I mean nothing, *absolutely nothing is as important as glorifying God!*  Believe me, I'm speaking from experience, just this past year I was like you, seeking for fulfillment from sources other than God, only I was looking in a different area, I made my friends most important. And what happened is just what happened to you, I ended up questioning and wondering why? I spent many long hours talking with my Mom and praying and now! It's so different! The Lord has shown me that glorifying God is all that matters! The Lord is faithful, just cast yourself upon Him, take some time and study His Word, spend time praying and talking to Him, pour out your heart to Him and go to His Word for the answers. Study His Word with commentaries and bible dictionaries to find out exactly what the Lord is saying in His Word and then you will find answers. Pour your life and soul into studying God's Word and praying to Him and His Word will not return void. The Lord is faithful and compassionate, if you cry out to Him for help He will not turn a deaf ear to you. _______, the reason your experiencing such heartbreak is because you were not made to find fulfillment in people, you were created for God not men.  Only one thing matters: Know Christ and gain Christ. Everything is rubbish in comparison to this.

Paul Washer-For Him

3 comments:

Did you change your blog? Love it if you did or didn` t.

 

Great post Tabitha! It is a great reminder that the things of this world will never satisfy our needs, and to always look to Christ for fufilment! It helps me to remember that all the worldly things in this life are all rubbish compared to my Creator. Thank You for sharing! You write beautifully!

 

Post a Comment