The Truth About Me

The Truth About Me


"You have heard or suspected some unkind or slanderous rumor about me whatever it was, it was nowhere near the truth. The truth about me is so much worse than anything you could have possibly heard or imagined, that for me to try and defend my reputation against anything so trivial would be ridiculous..." 

"This should be the mindset of every Christian. 
The cross says you are worse than you think, we shouldn't be embarrassed. That's why God had to come and die for us, God had to die for us. That's pretty bad,  the good news of course is that He was willing to do it, despite us. Why are we so hesitant in our relationships to proclaim what really should be part of our testimonies, did you not profess, hopefully you got baptized after you got saved, but did you not profess I learned I was a sinner? So why is it so hard to do that now? With our kids? With our spouse? Oh yeah I know pride. 


"...The truth about me is that my premeditated crimes were so heinous and malicious that they resulted in choosing to fatally execute an innocent man, and not just any man but a man that was the nearest and dearest, bravest, most loving, most compassionate, most perfect man in all of history, and not a humane execution but a tortuorous, excruciatingly painful death of the foulest humiliation in front of his own mother and before His very Father/father." ~Theophilus

Was it Luther? Who said, "We all carry nails in our pockets" huh? Got some nails rattling in there? We hear them we see them, why don't you confess that you own them? Why don't I? Why is it so hard for us to profess, yep, I've got his nails in my pockets, my sins crucified the son of God. Why is that so hard for us? That Jesus forgives me knowing the truth about me is miraculous. To say that I owe him my life is such an understatement, it is almost shameful to claim. My offering is so infinitesimally smaller by comparison, I live with such joy and gratitude that I cannot explain it. You may have heard or suspected an unkind or slanderous rumor about me whatever it was, it was nowhere near the truth.
 Hey Christian, could I encourage you to simply echo, in your family, what the cross already says about you? You are a very bad sinner, you have his nails that crucified Him, in your pockets. They(your family) won't be surprised, they already heard it from the cross, and they saw your life and then let them know that for you and for them there is a wonderful savior who forgives sinners. Until tomorrow, go serve your king." 
~Wretched Podcast-May 8, 2012~


I love the joy, peace and confidence in Christ that comes from a Gospel-Centered perspective!  What do I care what others may say of me? As bad as it possibly can be, it's nowhere near the truth. As Christian says in his fight with Apollyon, "All these things are true and much more of which you do not know, but my Lord has forgiven me, and washed me of my sins!" That's why He died! To cleanse me from my sin! You have heard or suspected some unkind or slanderous rumor about me whatever it was, it was nowhere near the truth. He is my vindicator! "I know that my Redeemer lives, and at the last he will stand upon the earth. And after my skin has been thus destroyed, yet in my flesh I shall see God, whom I shall see for myself, and my eyes shall behold, and not another. My heart faints within me!" Job 19:25-27





1 comments:

Amen! Such a good reminder!
Btw, I had no idea you had this blog!! I'll have to read through more of your posts! :)
~Ana

 

Post a Comment